Okay. So most of the “Me and My Kitchen” posts have to do with salads or meals that are healthy and practical to take to lunch. Or about the positive effects of cooking by yourself and learning to appreciate your alone time.
Not this one, folks. This recipe is to show off and make all your friends love you forever.
Who says you need a campfire to enjoy a good ole s’more? My roommate was craving s’mores and stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest and I knew I had to try it.
Guys. THIS is one of the most sinfully delicious treats I’ve ever made. I have quite the sweet tooth, in fact, I have yet to stumble across a dessert that is too sweet. This recipe has anything and everything you would want in a dessert: CHOCOLATE in a variety of forms, marshmallows, and when you heat it up for 12 seconds in the microwave (yes 12 seconds, no more no less, we tested it) it melts in your mouth.
Ladies and gentlemen… 7-Layer S’More Bars from Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice.
7 Layer S’mores Bar full recipe here!
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 big (7 ounce) Hershey bar, broken into squares
- 2 cups of marshmallow fluff
- About 20 Oreos
- 13 ounces Nutella (that’s right… 13!)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the crust: In a medium bowl stir together the graham crackers and brown sugar. Add the melted butter and use a fork to combine well. Press the crumbs over the bottom of the pan as evenly as you can.
Working one at a time smear a teaspoon of marshmallow fluff over a square of chocolate and set it on the crust. Evenly space them out. If there’s any fluff left just drop teaspoonfuls of it in the empty spaces. It doesn’t have to be perfect – it will all melt together.
Working one at a time smear a teaspoon of nutella over each cookie and set on top of the chocolate – evenly spacing them out once again and dropping teaspoons of the remainder.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over top of all this getting them into all the nooks and crannies.
Drop spoonfuls of the sweetened condensed milk all over the top.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Heat up the broiler. Scatter the mini marshmallows evenly over top and put the pan under the broiler on the middle rack of the oven (or else they can catch on fire) 20 – 40 seconds to brown the marshmallows.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly, then chill for 1 – 2 hours (I highly recommend doing this! If you want the mushy-gushy-eat-with-a-fork version, simply cut the bars when they’re cold and then heat it up in the microwave!)
- Remove the bars from the pan to a cutting board using the parchment paper. Cut into squares using a large chef’s knife dipped in hot water and wiped clean after each cut.
Okay, I know what all you calorie-counters are thinking: NO FREAKING WAY. And I don’t blame you. I calculated the number of calories in one bar (no, I’m not telling you) and it’s a lot. Like… a lot a lot. But aren’t you counting calories so that you can indulge in a sweet every once and awhile? Trust me, this is that sweet treat! These 7-Layer S’More Bars fed my roommate, my boyfriend, and my friends all weekend and the reaction was pure gold. Parker’s in particular: He opened his mouth to say something along the lines of “OH my GOD this is amazing,” however, the marshmallow fluff was all melted and gooey and he actually was physically incapable of opening his mouth to speak. I left it out the kitchen counter all day Sunday and chopped off a little piece every time I would walk past it, it was essentially the only thing I ate that day.
So yes, it’s that good. And worth the caloric binge. And you should try it! It’s incredibly easy to make and everyone will love you for it. Let me know if you give it a try! From my kitchen to yours… Happy eating y’all – that’s hard not to do with this recipe, I promise!