Great minds think alike. I stumbled across this recipe from skinnytaste.com on Pinterest awhile back and always wanted to try it. It has shrimp, avocados, lime… Nothing could go wrong. I don’t know why it took me so long to try it, but my good friend from high school sent it to me saying try it for my food blog… Well, if that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is! I made it with the intention of bringing it to work for two days. I suggest making it and eating it right away instead… It’ll keep for a day, no problem! Two days…. problem. It’s light and refreshing and remarkably simple!
Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad: 4 Servings (makes 3.5 cups)
- 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Just wanted to share a quick and easy recipe to get you through the week. Happy eating y’all!!
- Guacamole, Guacamole Recipe & Guacamole Dip | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Coconut Cilantro Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad & Carrot Pumpkin Mug Cake (eatrunandeverythinginbetween.wordpress.com)
- MacGuffin’s Kickin’ Garlic Lime Shrimp with Tomato & Avocado Salad (macguffin823.wordpress.com)
- Chili Lime Tequila Shrimp (olivespantry.wordpress.com)
- Shrimp Stuffed Avocado with Cilantro and Lime Mayo (thefoodgasmiccookbook.wordpress.com)
- Warm Grilled Shrimp and Corn Salad with Cilantro and Lime (annashortcakes.com)