Since homemade pizzas worked out so incredibly well last time, I thought it’d be fun to try a different pizza recipe. Surprise, surprise… I found a recipe for pizza but with Asian ingredients so obviously I was all over it. Italian and Asian? Best of both worlds.
This recipe is incredibly simple, and quick! Parker and I made this pizza on a chill double date at my apartment. The other couple opted for the more traditional pizza, so in retrospect we probably looked relatively odd putting carrots onto pizza dough in comparison… But then again, we were also the ones drinking beer while they were being all classy drinking wine (to this day, I still don’t like wine… I keep being told one day I’ll like it… Here’s hoping?) Anyways, I cannot stress enough how much fun we had that night! It was awesome to stand around my kitchen talking and making food. If you’re looking for an instant feel-good-chill double date idea… You’re welcome!
Thai Chicken Pizza: Makes 8 slices (serves 4 people… or you know, 2 really hungry people who really like Asian food…)
- 1 pizza dough (enough for a 13” thin crust pizza)
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- ½ shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to whatever temperature your pizza dough is supposed to be cooked at. Place dough on center of pizza stone or well greased metal baking pan. Press out dough to within ½” of edge.
- Spread the peanut sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the chicken, shallot, carrot, and cheese onto the pizza.
- Bake until crust is golden brown around edges, about 15-20 minutes, depending on your dough
- Sprinkle the green onions and cilantro on top of the pizza.
Parker and I may or may not have made this pizza again since trying it for the first time a week ago. It’s that good people, give it a try! You can thank me later. Happy eating everyone!
And remember – if you try one of the recipes, I’d love to hear your results! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll share your success (or your “attempt” – I’m not perfect either folks) with other readers on the blog! Can you said, foodie fame?
- Gluten Free Crispy Pizza Crust (allthingsbrightandbeauty.com)
- Homemade Rustic Pizzas: Chicken, Garlic, Spinach & Sundried Tomatoes :: Pepperoni, Ham, & Sauteed Veggies (theartfulgourmet.com)
- Pizza of Chicken and Vodka Sauce (ohthesimplejoys.wordpress.com)
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza (laceylmoody.wordpress.com)