So I’m sitting at my computer checking my email, and a big smile comes across my face. Why? Because I recevied a notification that someone commented on a one of my Eating My Feelings posts! I know it’s such a little thing, but it truly brightens my day to know that people are reading and enjoying my blog. But this comment was extra special.
I was nominated for a Liebster Award by FoodLoveInspiration – a phenomenal blog that y’all should definitely check out – as well as The Foodgasmic Cookbook – another fantastic place to find great recipes. Anyways, both bloggers nominated me for the award and linked me to their sites to explain. I hope you don’t mind, but I stole the description from FoodLoveInspiration – It seemed to sum it up so nicely!!
“So, what is a Liebster? I looked up the meaning and found that Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
1) Thank & Link- Thank the person who nominated you! Link their blog to your post
2) Copy & Paste Award- Copy and Paste the Liebster Award in your post
3) Nominate- Nominate 10 other bloggers with 200 or less followers
4) Q&A- Answer the questions given to you (at the bottom of my post). Create a new set of questions for those you nominate.
5) Notify- Notify your nominee’s via comment
What a wonderful way to build the blogging community AND for y’all to get to know me a little better! I’m truly touched and the support means the world – it’s so nice to know I’m not just talking to myself out here!
Here are the questions FoodLoveInspiration left for me to answer (my apologies to the second blogger who nominated, but I got these questions first!):
1. Why did you decided to follow my blog? First of all, the recipes looked delicious. But more importantly, we both seem to think alike: We both recognize the value of good food and good words (as goofy as that sounds). Finding the little things in life that make you happy are crucial, and your blog helps people do exactly that.
2. Why did you choose the name for your blog? This is a phrase I use ALL of the time. I swear, nothing makes me feel better than eating a cupcake when I’m pissed off at the world. Is that cliche? Perhaps. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. Food really can brighten your spirit and bring people together, and I think that’s something to celebrate.
3. What do you enjoy about blogging? I enjoy the fact that it’s something I am doing just for me that’s fun. There’s no pressure, no deadlines… It’s not an assignment. It’s something that allows me to be funny (I hope? If not just laugh at my bad jokes anyway, it’s what I do for my boyfriend and it seems to work! Haha), creative, and a great excuse to cook.
4. If you have a goal what is your goal? My goal is simply to spread happiness. Whether you tried a recipe and loved it, or simply laughed over a goofy picture posted… I genuinely love making people happy. And if my blog can accomplish that, I’m doing something right.
5. What is one of the hardest decisions your had to make? Hands down, one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made was deciding whether or not to go to graduate school. There was a point where I questioned whether or not this was the right choice, and I do still continue to question that sometimes. Education is something I’ve always taken seriously and valued, but at that same time it’s in my comfort zone, and so I wanted to make sure I went to graduate school because it was the right thing, not because it was the comfortable thing.
6. What is your passion or what drives you? Something that really drives me is family. I love my family and I can’t wait to have a family of my own (note: relax Mom and Dad, I’m not in that big of a hurry, trust me!). I work so hard because I want that love and support to remain constant in my life. Yes, I’m passionate about film too, and that will never change it certainly drives me forward. But at the end of the day, I just want family.
7. What is something you want to do but haven’t done yet? I would absolutely love to go to Hollywood. Lame? Possibly. It’s not even a difficult trip really, I just have yet to make it out there.
8. If you are a writer what inspired you to write? If you are a Chef or love to cook what inspire you to cook? If your a designer what inspired you to be a designer? If you just want to help people or inspire people through your blog what inspired you? I’m constantly inspired by the Food Network and my Mom, and I swear the two combined are the reason I love cooking so much. Learning about food has been so much fun, but it’s also been a great thing to share with my Mom.
9. What can’t you see, can’t you touch, can’t you hear, and it’s free? Aw man, I suck at riddles… My answer is love? I think?
10. What do you believe in? Why? I believe in the power of positive thinking. Though I may not always be able to do it, I think staying positive is one thing in this world that can make a genuine difference if you believe that it can.
11. If you can have anything you want what would it be? Honestly, I just want to be loved and supported. And right now I’m lucky enough to have amazing friends and family that do exactly that.
Questions for the bloggers that I nominated!
- What inspired you to write your blog?
- What was the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favorite book?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What do you enjoy about blogging?
- If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would you meet? Why?
Please check out these phenomenal new blogs! I know they’ll appreciate your support, just like me!!
- The Foodgasmic Cookbook
- Cupcakes and Beans
- KC’s Corners
- Ham or Hem
- Veggie Valentina
- Culinary Fashion
- Picture Stand
- Charinya’s Kitchen
- Earth’s Elements Healing Foods
Again, I can’t express how excited I was to be nominated not once, but twice for the Liebster Award! Blogging as been a fun new thing for me, and I hope everyone reading is enjoying it too. Happy eating y’all, and be sure to check out these other blogs too!
- About the Liebster Award (orionwriter.wordpress.com)