All right folks… It’s Tuesday, not Monday. But it might as well be since it’s not Friday… We all feel it. Well, except for my corgi Hawkeye. Tuesdays don’t seem to wipe this permanent smile of his goofy little face.
But with the proper sugar intake, as well as an afternoon nap, I think we’ll be able to make it through! With that, I present to you the world’s easiest, idiot-proof recipe for Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies. Like really people, it uses a Betty Crocker box mix… If you can’t figure this one out, we’ve got bigger problems to solve then keeping you energetic on a Monday! …or Tuesday.
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies full recipe here!
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar (so I didn’t have this and I got a little creative and put sugar in the blender… To answer your question, no, that’s not the same thing as powdered sugar, but it still worked!)
- 1.5 teaspoons milk
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Here’s a great tip: Put a brownie in the microwave for 15 seconds, then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It took this already delicious treat to a whole new level! I just wanted to give y’all a quick pick-me-up that hopefully will cure your “Monday” blues! Happy eating, everybody!!