I stumbled upon this recipe years ago, and it’s been my go to “wow your friends at dinner parties” dessert. I say that because people’s eyes literally pop out of their heads when they try these crescent rolls!! The best part? They all think I’m some master genius chef prodigy child. But the truth is… This is the simplest recipe on this planet and it takes maybe five minutes to make! But shh, let them keep thinking I’m awesome – it’ll be our little secret.
Strawberry, Caramel, and Chocolate filled Crescent Rolls: Serving size depends on how much crescent roll dough you purchase!
- 1 jar of strawberry jam (I’ve done raspberry before too and it’s just as good! Simply a personal preference)
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- 1 small bag of rolos (or any type of chocolate covered caramel candy)
- 2 eggs for egg wash
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam so your crescent rolls don’t stick to the tray
- Lay out the crescent roll dough into triangles
- Place 1 tablespoon of jam at the wide end of the triangle
- Place 2 rolos in the jam
- Roll up the crescent roll (be careful to seal the edges so all the goodness doesn’t spill out!)
- Mix up 2 eggs and water
- Brush egg wash over the top of the crescent rolls (this is what makes them turn that beautiful golden brown)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden-brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes (but still serve them warm – that’s the best part!)
I’m warning you, these bad boys are addicting! The magic happens when the chocolate covered caramels melt into the jam and it all swirls together – I die every time! I remember the first time I served this at a dinner party, I ended up running back to the grocery store to make another batch because the 20-something I made were inhaled within minutes. Keep these in mind next time you want to impress your friends! …or you had a rough day and just want to eat your feelings, give these a try – it’s physically impossible to be sad when you’re eating them. Good luck – and happy eating!!
- Crescent Roll Pizza (eatfooddetroit.wordpress.com)
- Glazed Pumpkin Crescents (someoneleftthecakeoutintherain.wordpress.com)
- Cream Cheese-bacon Crescents Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Double-dipped Strawberries Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Mini Apple Pie Crescents (anchorsanddiamonds.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Baked Brie (homemadelaughs.com)