So not that this is anything new, but my boyfriend and I like to eat. A lot. But we also can be rather lazy (before Thanksgiving we watched the first three Harry Potter movies in a row with Chinese food… not sorry about it). So when it comes to cooking at home, sometimes we really just want something quick and easy. Sushi is fun and great, but man does it take some time!
And that is when we turned to pasta. We were going to make homemade pasta, but that laziness piece kicked in (though I do promise to make some and share it with y’all in the future – it’s easier than it sounds!) We altered our plans by purchasing store bought pasta – Buitoni ALL THE WAY baby – and the ingredients for a simple pasta sauce. I live for homemade pasta sauce. It’s so simple and world’s better than most of the sauces you can buy at the grocery store!
Ironically, we went with a tomato based sauce. I say it that way because both Parker and I hate tomatoes, and yet, somehow we love sun dried tomatoes…? It’s a strange world we live in. This sauce takes all of 10 minutes to make – definitely something you can whip up during the week when life gets a little hectic!
Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce: Serves 4
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cream and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until almost boiling, but do not boil.
- Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, and stir until melted.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta.
It will turn a more orange-y color once you stir in the sun-dried tomatoes. I would have posted a picture of the final product, but my need for food outweighed my desire to take pretty pictures.
Like I said, it’s absolutely perfect for a laid back date night. We felt pretty accomplished eating our homemade pasta sauce while watching Gordon Ramsay scream at chefs on Hell’s Kitchen – after all, we’ve obviously got some culinary skills (though I wouldn’t want to get into a fight with that guy…)
Happy eating everyone!
- Sausage and Roasted Tomato Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella (hummusandjalapenos.wordpress.com)
- Tomato, Chilli & Bacon Pasta (dinnerwiththesmiths.wordpress.com)
- Pesto Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Halloumi (healthnhorizons.com)
- Bolognese with Fresh Pasta (newburyportbites.wordpress.com)
- Pasta With Vodka Sauce (sizzlingsaucepan.wordpress.com)
- Pasta In White Sauce Recipe (cravecookclick.com)
- Pasta in Tomato Cream sauce / Pink sauce (sizzlingsaucepan.wordpress.com)
- Pasta with creamy Avocado sauce (halfmoonday.wordpress.com)