It’s time for final exams for many students across the country. And I don’t know about you, but this is a time where any dietary plan I may have goes out the window. I’m stressed, I don’t want lettuce… I want chocolate. And I don’t want to leave my desk to find above mentioned chocolate, nor do I want to spend money on cookies that can be delivered (yes, that’s a thing and it’s great). The solution? Homemade No-Bake Cookies and Cream Bar.
Want to know how long it takes to make this sweet treat?
Want to know how much it costs to keep a sweet treat in your fridge?
Package of Oreo’s: $3.49
Stick of Butter: about $1.00
Bag of Marshmallows: $1.99
Total Price: $6.48
A delicious study treat….priceless.
No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars: Fills 9×13 pan
- One 16 oz package of Oreo
- 5 cups Large Marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Place them all in the food processor or blender and mix until ground. (Or just crush them with something heavy if you don’t have a blender – I used a meat hammer, it’s fine).
Melt the butter and marshmallows into a large bowl until puffed.
- Add the crushed cookies, and mix well until combined.
- Spoon your tasty gooey mess in to a baking tray and let it set in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares, and enjoy!
Needless to say, it’s remarkably simple and cheap, but it’s also pretty damn good. For all the students out there craving a sweet treat when studying – give this a try, and good luck on your exams!! For everyone else lucky enough to not be so stressed you want to pull your hair out… enjoy your $7 dessert. Happy eating!
- Peppermint Raspberry Chocolate OREO Cookie Balls (diethood.com)
- Peanut Butter Snickers Sandwiches (tastesoflizzyt.com)
- Candy Coated Winter Oreos (littlemisscelebration.com)
- 7 Best Homemade Desserts With Oreo Cookies (cupcakepedia.com)
- Snickerdoodle Oreo Cookie Balls (chewoutloud.com)
- Zapallo Pumpkin Pie Recipe and Tips (gringagold.wordpress.com)
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Squares (everybodylovespretty.com)