First off, I’m sorry I haven’t posted a recipe in awhile. My brain has been on system overload because of finals and I’ve been far too lazy to cook! In fact, I didn’t even make this appetizer – my boyfriend did! We’ve been watching a lot of Hell’s Kitchen (like… a lot a lot) and one of the dishes they make on the show is a seared ahi tuna appetizer and he wanted to try it out. I’ve got to say, I’m pretty impressed! The boy’s got some skills.
Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna Appetizer: Serves 2
- 1 Large Sashimi Grade Ahi Tuna Steak (about 6-8 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Wasabi Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tbsp. White Sesame Seeds
- Wasabi and Pickled Ginger for garnish
- Cut your tuna steak into a rectangular shape (optional, for presentation purposes. It is not necessary).
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar and wasabi powder. Place the tuna in the bowl and coat with the vinegar mixture.
- Place a skillet or wok on the stove over medium-high heat. Allow it to heat fully.
- On a plate, mix together black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds. spread them on the plate to create one layer. Lay the tuna on the sesame seeds and turn it to coat with seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil onto your skillet and place the tuna on the skillet. Cook on each side about 2-3 minutes until just seared.
- Remove from heat and cut into slices. Serve on a bed of colorful lettuces with pickled ginger and wasabi to garnish. You can also serve it with a side of soy sauce.
Absolutely delicious. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS my friends! I love this appetizer anyway, and I always order it in restaurants, so to know my boyfriend is capable of making that all by himself? I’m a lucky girl.
- Tasty Ahi Tuna Recipe (americanfood.answers.com)
- Enjoying Seared Tuna on Your Diet (weightloss.answers.com)
- Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks with Balsamic Reduction (weightloss.answers.com)
- Ahi Poke with Salad (toomuchgloriousfood.wordpress.com)
- seared ahi tuna sliders (aliceincookingland.wordpress.com)
- Asian Inspired Ahi Tuna Steak Recipes (americanfood.answers.com)