With the Superbowl coming up soon, I thought I would share some great game day recipes over the next two weeks to help y’all prepare for the big game! …or in my case, the big day of watching advertisements and pretending to understand football. Last weekend I hosted a bunch of people over at my apartment for the Panthers vs. 49ers game – also known as “my boyfriend’s team vs. my best friend’s boyfriend’s team” – nothing like some friendly competition! We also won girlfriend of the year awards for cooking the boys food while they watched football. I guess that old saying still rings true: The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach!
I decided to post Parker’s favorite appetizer of the 4 I made because his beloved Panthers sadly couldn’t cut it against the 49ers. Luckily for y’all, his favorite is seriously the easiest appetizer to make in the entire known universe: Homemade Pizza Rolls! These bad boys disappeared almost before the plate hit the table.
Homemade Pizza Rolls: Makes 8 Rolls
Ingredients: Be prepared to be amazed, it’s so simple!
- 1 pkg Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 pkg Pepperoni Slices
- 4 Cheese Sticks (though I didn’t do this in the first batch where I took pictures, cut each cheese stick in half and use 1/2 a stick per crescent roll)
- 1 package of Italian Sausage
- Ranch Dressing (for dipping)
- Brown the Italian sausage in a separate pan and break into small pieces (crumbled).
- Roll out Crescent Rolls onto a Large Baking Sheet.
- Then line each roll with pepperoni, sausage, and string cheese.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with Ranch Dressing and enjoy!
This was a fun game to watch, and boy were the viewers grateful for the food! I’ll share three more recipes before the Super Bowl just in case you decide to host your own Super Bowl Party!
If you have any great game day recipes and want to share them on the blog, send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!