With the exception of my mom, my aunt, my boyfriend’s mom, and my boyfriend’s grandmother… I’ve always wondered who actually reads my silly little blog. I started a food blog because 1) I love to eat and 2) I needed a hobby, so I wasn’t too worried about whether or not people followed the recipes I posted. However, after 4 months of blogging constantly, I’ve learned that interacting with other readers and foodies is half the fun!!
After taking a bit of a break during the holidays (where I happily let others cook for me or ate my weight at various restaurants), I started posting recipes a week or so ago to get back into the swing of things and hoping the people who followed my blog didn’t forget about me! I went to check my email this morning and a huge smile spread across my face: Night Owl Kitchen nominated me for the “Shine On Award”. Her blog is similar to mine in that she loves cooking at home and sharing fun and easy recipes. I’m going to try her recipe for Hot Cocoa Chocolate Muffins soon because that obviously sounds like a great idea! Be sire to check out her blog by following this link: http://nightowlkitchenblog.wordpress.com.
One of the requirements of this award is to share seven random things about myself… So here you go!
- I’m shamelessly addicted to the 1970s television show M*A*S*H. I own the Martinis and Medicine box set that contains all 11 seasons and, yes, I can quote lines from every single episode.
- My favorite director of all time is Christopher Nolan. I adore the way he messes with narrative structure and how every aspect of the film (lighting, editing, sound design, etc) helps shape the story.
- My Daddy raised my right – I’m a classic rock enthusiast and have been to countless rock concerts with my Dad. Favorite Daddy-daughter concert experiences include: Aerosmith, Rush, Linkin Park, Jehtro Tull, Genesis, and Styx.
- I should be awarded girlfriend of the year because I’m currently trying to learn how to play video games since my boyfriend and his XBOX have a more serious relationship than we do. He suggested a few games for me to try while he’s studying abroad in Prague, fingers crossed I can figure it out! My first attempt was Call of Duty and… well, lets just say I needed something a little less intense! Regardless, I love learning about my friends’ interests and hobbies because it is a fun way to bring us closer together.
- I was a competitive horseback rider for 10 years. I owned my own horse named Connor, whose badass show-name was “Fatcat”. I miss that amazing creature every day, but I’m happy to report he’s currently being leased by a little girl who simply adores him and brings him carrots all the time.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with boots. Really, I have at least 10 pairs… Short boots, tall boots, leather boots, suede boots… I love them all!
- I wasn’t your typical film major in undergrad: I was much more interested in film history and film critical theory than I was in actually making movies. I wrote my senior thesis on the evolution of comic book films, and I loved the whole process. From the original Superman to the Avengers, it was a really fun project!
It’s amazing what the smallest gesture or compliment can do to brighten up your day! With that being said, I’m more than happy to pass the award on to some other blogs that I follow and truly adore (in no particular order):
- Things My Belly Likes
- Jovina Cooks Italian
- Veggies Don’t Bite
- The Brook Cook
- One Man’s Meat
- Miss Chris Creations
- Daily Gluttony
- Grub Blog
- The Vulgar Chef
- GF and Me
For those of you who were nominated, here are the ‘Shine On’ Award rules:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
- Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the ‘Shine On’ Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Congrats to all nominees and a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for following Eating My Feelings! Thanks again to Night Owl Kitchen for the nomination! Happy eating everyone!!