All right foodie and football fans, here’s the second game-day appetizer to help you prep for the Superbowl! This is by far the easiest of the recipes I’m sharing, but don’t let that trick you! It’s absolutely delicious and it VANISHED before my very eyes the second I put it on the table! Now, the number “7” in this case is fairly flexible… My crew isn’t the biggest fan of olives or tomatoes, so I decided against adding that to the mix. So feel free to add or subtract whatever you want! …that way if you don’t like it, it’s your fault not mine! Just kidding – Y’all will love this, I promise.
Game-Day Appetizer 7-Layer Taco Dip: Fills one 9×13 pan
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 container of guacamole (I bought the kind made by my grocery store)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 bags of Tostito’s Scoop Tortilla Trips (trust me on this, you need the scoop to hold the weight of the dip!)
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
- Spread avocado over the sour cream and cream cheese mixture.
- Top the layers with salsa.
- Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with black olives.
The guys went absolutely gaga over this recipe! As evident by this tweet sent out by my one friend, Pedro: “Our girlfriends make us food while we drink and watch our teams play football #bestGFawards” And the best part is, I made it in five minutes right before the game started so I didn’t miss a minute of the action. Be sure to stay tuned for a few more game day appetizers! Happy eating everyone!!
…and have fun fighting everyone off to dig into this delicious dip!