All right folks, I honestly think I saved the best for last. Don’t get me wrong, the 7-Layer Dip was delicious. The Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls were easy to make. And hello, a big bowl of Cheese Sauce with Pretzel Bites is bound to be a huge hit. But these meatballs are to freaking die for.
Read the title again: BBQ. BEER. MEATBALLS.
…I’m sorry, what exactly is the problem here?
These bad boys can be made the crockpot OR you can make them the day of the game. They require a little more labor than the other Game-Day Appetizers, but I pinky promise it’s worth it. These are delicious.
BBQ Beer Meatballs: Makes 3lbs of frozen meatballs
- 3 pounds frozen meatballs
- 2 medium onions, cut in wedges
- 1 bottle beer, 12 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Instructions – Night Before: Slow Cooker
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
Instructions – Day Of: Stove Top
- Combine all ingredients except meatballs in a large pot.
- Bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs to mixture.
- Stir the meatballs every ten minutes to prevent them from sticking to the bottom.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes (depending on heat level, pull one out to test it!)
In case that isn’t enough, I had leftovers for a few days! 3lbs of meatballs is like…96 meatballs SO fear not if your guests don’t finish all of them! I hope y’all have a fantastic Super Bowl Sunday and please let me know if you gave any of these recipes a try and how they turned out!! Happy eating everybody!