In honor of the fact that I’ll be going home next weekend to spend some much needed time with my Mommy and Daddy and corgi, I thought I’d post my Mom’s amazing sugar cookie recipe! Beware, these are incredibly addictive and delicious! And also messy… Read: Your kitchen will be covered in sugar and flour. Guaranteed.
Mom’s Sugar Cookies: Makes 30 Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat at medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly butter two baking sheets.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and roll both out to a ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured work surface.
- Cut out the cookies with a 2 ½-inch round cookie cutter and sprinkle with the extra sugar.
- Put the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and bake them for 10-12 minutes until they are browned.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Simple. Easy. Delicious! This was quite the crowd pleaser with my group of friends, and I’m sure it will be with yours too! Happy eating, everyone!!