This whole blogging thing has been just the bundle of warm fuzzies I had hoped for! Jhuls, the mastermind behind the “Not So Creative Cook” blog, was kind enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Award! The Sunshine Award is passed on from bloggers to bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere” – How sweet is that? I know I say this a lot, but it really is cool to know that people are reading and enjoying the little posts I make each week. I started the blog for me — but it’s fun keeping it alive for someone else!
Rules of the Sunshine Award:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger who nominated you (thanks again, Jhuls!)
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Here are the 10 questions Jhuls gave me to answer:
- Why did you start blogging? I started cooking over the summer and wanted a fun, new hobby. I wrote a blog when I was at the Cannes Film Festival in 2011 and thought it’d be fun to start up another one!
- Sweet or Savory? I would imagine this question is as serious, if not more serious, than choosing your favorite child and I’m sorry but I just can’t do that to them. I love them both equally.
- If you were to go on any reality TV programme, what would it be and why? I’d say “Chopped” because I’ve watched, oh I don’t know, every episode ever, but I know I’d get my butt kicked!
- What was the last thing you Googled? Ironically enough, the last thing I googled was “recipes to make with olive oil” for the blog since I just won a contest with Boticelli and am receiving a free bottle of olive oil!
- Night In or Night Out? More often than not, I’d choose night in simply because I’m pretty laid back. However, since my social life has been nonexistent lately, I can’t wait for my two jobs + grad school crazy life to calm down so I can go out guilt free!
- What has been your favourite blog post to write? I mean, it’s a food blog… Haha in all seriousness, I like writing the “Date Night” posts the most. Probably because I can embarrass my boyfriend in some way, shape, or form because I don’t think he reads my blog religiously so I can get away with it!
- What’s the one thing you never leave home without? My iPhone.
- Where would you most like to travel to? Hmmm. I definitely wouldn’t object to eating my way through Italy… Or Japan. Both are home to my favorite types of food!
- If you could have any super power, what would it be? Reading people’s minds.
- What can we expect to find from your blog in the future? Noms on noms on noms, duh. As long as y’all keep eating, I’ll keep posting recipes!
Here are the 10 bloggers I’m nominating for the Sunshine Award – Y’all should definitely check them out!
- Move Eat Create
- Farm to Table Life
- Mama’s Gotta Bake
- The Vegetarian Ginger
- Bunny Kitchen
- Jovina Cooks Italian
- Cause Baking Makes Me Happy
- The Food I Eat
- Love, Laugh, Be Light
- Kouzouna’s Kitchen
And, as promised, here are your 10 questions!
- Why did you start blogging?
- You’re stuck on a deserted island – What food can you not live without?
- What’s your favorite childhood toy?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- If you were an animal, what kind would you be?
- Smooth or crunch peanut butter? Shout-out to my cousin for always using this as a good icebreaker question during sorority recruitment!
- One place you’d love to live for a year.
- What was your favorite class in school?
- What is one goal for your 2014 year?
I want to thank Jhuls of the “Not So Creative Cook” blog for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! Little things like this make blogging so much more fun. I’ll be sure to share a new recipe with y’all soon – fear not! Happy eating everyone, and happy Thursday!!