I’m baaaaaaack! And after the most perfect week in Prague, I am armed and ready to eat my feelings! I miss the guy already, go figure, so I’ ve got a week filled with delicious recipes that I cannot wait to try.
Oh, and for those of you who were curious. No, we didn’t go to McDonald’s. But we did go to a TGI Friday’s… That’s slowly turning into a tradition for us, oddly enough! That was the first restaurant we went to during our trip to Orlando, first place we ate at in Prague… Yup, noticing a pattern here. I’ll post later about some of the delicious foodie finds from Prague, so stay tuned!
In the mean time, here’s a nom-tastic chicken recipe and crazy good sauteed vegetable side dish that I made for my dear friend Natalie a little while back. This girl and I share a love for chicken dishes and each other, as evident by the way she introduced me to her friend yesterday: “This is Erin. She’s my eating friend. We like to eat together… A lot.”
And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Garlic Chicken: Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Warm the garlic and olive oil to blend the flavors. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Not gonna lie, this is stupid simple. Natalie jokes that she can’t cook to save her life, but darling I bet even you could figure this out! Very easy dish to make, so it’s perfect for those middle-of-the-week-damn-I-am-too-lazy-too-cook-something-complicated-or-order-takeout times.
Sautéed Vegetables: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat.
- Add the garlic and saute, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the all of the vegetables and cook until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the oregano, soy sauce and chicken stock and stir well and cook just until vegetables are wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Together these two dishes make a great team! I’m a sucker for garlic and sauteed vegetables though, so I may be a little bit biased… Guess you’ll have to give it a try for yourselves! Happy eating everyone!