I found a quick and delicious and easy and great dinner recipe on Pinterest that I had to share. I’m swamped with final projects, work, and my internship currently, so I’m always in the mood for meals I can make ahead of time. Along that same train of thought, my apologies in advance for the lack of chit chat before sharing the recipe! It’s that time of year again folks.
Chicken Pesto Bake: Serves 4
Note: Only 236 calories per serving! But only if you follow this blogger’s recipe for Skinny Basil Pesto… which I did not, but it looks perfectly doable! If not, regular Basil Pesto you find in a grocery store will work just fine.
- 2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 4 tsp Skinny Basil Pesto
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 6 tbsp (1.5 oz) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Wash chicken and dry with a paper towel. Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean-up.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tsp of skinny pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven;top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Simple as that! Despite the fact that I really, truly don’t like tomatoes, on this dish they were perfectly acceptable (weird, right?) That being said, a lot of people that I care about realllllllly can’t stand tomatoes, so feel free to omit them from the recipe! …I ate about half a tomato and considered that a good enough effort. Happy eating everyone, and enjoy your Easter weekend!