Sometimes… Life is overwhelming. My life in particular has been a roller coaster of feels this week — all good things: My thesis project is coming along, I’m preparing for my executive internship in the spring, I’m researching career opportunities post-graduation, one of my good friends from home just got engaged (ahhh, congrats again Chanel!), and my best friend Natalie is getting ready to jet off to Miami for an audition that she is TOTALLY GOING TO ROCK.
I’d like to think I’m not the only one, but sometimes my head gets clogged with feelings. And even if it’s all good things, sometimes I just need to slow down.
…rephrase. Sometimes I just need to slow down and eat (I named my blog “Eating My Feelings” for a reason!). And the truth is, when I’m feeling overwhelmed, the last thing I want is a salad.
THESE bad boys are delicious. Parker and I made them a week ago and I’m tempted to make them again tonight because they are everything my heart desires right now: Bacon, BBQ, avocados, and cheese.
Thank you Inside BruCrew Life for the epic recipe, I owe you one.
BBQ Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas: Serves 4 (…or serves 1, don’t judge)
- 2 whole flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tbsp. shredded chicken
- 2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1/2 c. avocado chunks
- Pancetta (as much or as little as you want — it can be salty, so be careful!)
- Heat a skillet up on medium heat.
- Lay 1 tortilla shell in the bottom and sprinkle half of the shell with 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- Combine the chicken and sauce.
- Top with 2 Tbsp. chicken.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 c. avocado chunks on top.
- Sprinkle with another 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- Fold the shell over and heat for about a minute or two.
- Flip the shell over carefully and heat the opposite side for another minute or two.
- Repeat with the remaining shell and ingredients. Makes 8 wedges.
Be right back, drooling at work just thinking about these sinful things. Happy eating y’all, and cheers to a worry-free week!